Re it's back

• 6 replies
  • 22 subscribers

I had stage 1b leiomysarcoma diagnosed in June 21.and had a total hysterectomy. In  February this year two mets were found in my Iliac artery and one in my pelvis on my psaos muscle. They are inoperable and I've had  3 doses of doxyrubicin. Today I've been told that both mets have doubled in size. I am starting doxetaxel and gemcitabine in two weeks. I have told the doctor that I want to try everything available. I'm not ready to due any time soon. Any advice will be greatly appreciated.

• Hi  

I've read your profile and you've got a lot on your plate. In terms of advice, are you also a member of the womb group 

Womb (uterus) cancer forum 

And also the incurables group

Living with incurable cancer forum - patients only 

These are the links to the groups, they will increase the amount of support for you. The incurable group in particular is excellent, we are a lovely bunch of people who all know how each other feels, as we may have different cancers but we are all in the same boat. Have you got a Maggie's centre near you? They offer courses and groups, which will help you meet people and get advice re living with uncertainty. I hope these suggestions are of use to you and best wishes for your next treatment outcome.

A x

What is a Community Champion?

I am a Macmillan volunteer. 

Macmillan Support Helpline

0808 808 00 00 

7 days a week between 8am -8pm

• I’ll have a look at both groups. Thanks for suggesting them. I’m at the Christie in Manchester and there is a Maggies centre although I still haven’t been there. I’ve applied for counselling at our nearest cancer centre. I had counseling when I was first diagnosed but I think I need it more now. X

• Hi  

Thanks for your reply. Best wishes for the counseling, it definitely helped me. I have also found that reading has helped me. These were especially useful

How to live when you could be dead by Dame Deborah James - this helped with aims, goals, daily living

Radical Remission by Kelly A Turner - although these outcomes are rare, it gave me some hope that I didn't have before.

Best regards

A x

What is a Community Champion?

I am a Macmillan volunteer. 

Macmillan Support Helpline

0808 808 00 00 

7 days a week between 8am -8pm

• Hi Sistermoon. I’ve joined the incurable group and I think it will be helpful. I’ve just read your bio…wow you’re made of strong stuff. I’m 63 with three grown up children and three grandsons who I desperately want to see grow up. Sending you good vibes 

• So sorry to read this. Have you heard of AVA6000? A type of doxorubicin drug? My partner is due to start it soon and I’m praying it will be kinder than the last treatment. Any advice much appreciated. Thank you. x

• Hi Jane - just wondering how your partners experience with this treatment went. My partner has had this discussed as well with the oncologist but finding it very hard to find out more details. Thanks