Adenosquamous Cell of Forehead

• 1 reply
  • 24 subscribers

Good evening,

My partner has been diagnosed with the above and we have been told it is a rare one. It involves the Supraorbital Nerve and is stage 3.

He has just started Radiotherapy had 2 sessions and has 3 more weeks to go, just wondering if he will get the usual Fatigue, and has been told hair loss, but does anyone know or had experience of Nausea or sore mouth given that is his head getting the treatment. 

Also damage to this nerve what sort of damage and how will it affect him, although have staged at 3 no one has said there are any lymph nodes affected ? 

• Hi  

I didn't have radiotherapy as part of my treatment for skin cancer, although I have had it as adjuvant treatment for breast cancer, but I noticed that your post hadn't had any replies yet.

I've found this information from Macmillan which details the type of side effects radiotherapy for skin cancer might cause. It's important to remember that the consultant has to tell your husband about every type of side effect that radiotherapy is known to cause but that doesn't mean he will experience them. I had radiotherapy for 10 days and just had a very slight skin rash towards the end which was easily cleared up with antihistamine tablets and hydrocortisone cream.

I have searched the forum to find previous posts which mention radiotherapy and found these for you to have a look through. There are quite a lot but you could look through some of the more recent ones.

Wishing you both all the best with the upcoming treatment

Community Champion Badge

"Never regret a day in your life, good days give you happiness, bad days give you experience"