Newly diagnosed

• 30 replies
  • 32 subscribers

Hi. Not sure what I am looking to achieve but just feel the need to share that I just found out I have skin cancer.  Im early 40s and 2 teenage kids.  I know that skin cancer has a generally positive outcome but just keep playing it over in my mind about the kids growing up with no dad and my poor wife being left on her own.

• It was surprisingly painless actually. They were great at the hospital.  Just waiting for results now but trying to not dwell on it and keeping busy 

Hope you are ok?

• Glad to read it went well and you're doing the right thing in keeping yourself busy so that you don't have much time to think about it.

I'm starting chemotherapy on Monday, not melanoma related, so getting a bit nervous now Pensive

Do let us know your results

x

Community Champion Badge

"Never regret a day in your life, good days give you happiness, bad days give you experience"

• I am so sorry to hear that you are going through the mill again.  Stay strong.

• Hi Latchbrook.

I had good news that my biopsy was non cancerous.

You were right.  Although the lesion showed all signs of being something more serious, I got the all clear.  I have a big scar but it's worth it for this news 

I wanted to say thank you and to the rest of this community for being so supportive.  I was worrying unnecessarily but this small insight into the worry it creates has given me a different view of things.

I hope your treatment goes well and thank you for me and for all the others you support every day.

Take care

• So please for you Jhs now you can relax and get on with your life.  As you say this group is so supportive and so good to talk to people going through the same problems as you are,.  Take care and glad everything went well for you x

• Thank you Harlyn for your support and kindness.  Take care

• That is fantastic news  and I hope you've had a little celebration! 

It would be great if you felt you could stay around the community for a while to share your experiences. We need people who can tell others that it doesn't always turn out to be cancer but I understand if you'd rather put this all behind you.

Thank you for your well wishes

x

Community Champion Badge

"Never regret a day in your life, good days give you happiness, bad days give you experience"

• I will.  Feel a bit silly having reacted in a way that seemed so catastrophic now that I have this news.  But you are right, I would be very happy to help others realise that it's not necessarily the worst case scenario.

Hope your treatment goes well.

Take care

• No need to feel silly at all and it would be great if you stayed around.

x

Community Champion Badge

• Don't feel you over reacted Jhs it is a natural reaction.  My Consultant told me at initial appointment that mine was a bcc but had to have biopsy to confirm a second one, so you never know until they actually do histology.  Keep in touch your advice will be invaluable to people, and really so pleased for you and your family.  Enjoy life x