Newly diagnosed

• 30 replies
  • 32 subscribers

Hi. Not sure what I am looking to achieve but just feel the need to share that I just found out I have skin cancer.  Im early 40s and 2 teenage kids.  I know that skin cancer has a generally positive outcome but just keep playing it over in my mind about the kids growing up with no dad and my poor wife being left on her own.

• Thank you Yorkrose

I hope that you are ok too?  In for the excision / biopsy tomorrow so fingers crossed.

• Hi Jhs Just to say Good Luck for tomorrow. we will be thinking of you and hope all goes well.  Remember to ask questions and let us  know how you are. Take care 

• Hi Jhs been thinking about you today and wondered how you had gone on.  Hope it wasn't as bad as you expected and you have got some good news. Take care and keep us up-dated 

• Hi Jhs - how went it ? Jx

• Hi Harlyn - how are you ? I have responded to your friends request - but need to warn you I am IT and tech like. Mother Theresa is to lap dancing - so not sure if it’s worked ? ,,! jx

• Hi think it has worked and we are "friends". Will keep in touch xx
  • How did the excision go ? I found the worst bit was the injection to numb the skin and that after that it was okay. Hoping you're not too sore.

Did you ask how long it'll be before you get your results back?

x

Community Champion Badge

"Never regret a day in your life, good days give you happiness, bad days give you experience"

• Hi Jhs any Keep thinking about you and wondered how you got on with your operation as you haven't been in touch with any of us  Hope things are good 

• Good morning Harlyn thanks for getting in touch.

I had the excision last week then had to travel overseas with work from Friday through to last night.  Pleased really as it completely took my mind off things.  

I should get the results in 2-3 weeks 

In the meantime, I am back in today to have the dressing changed and have a look at it 

The surgeon said that he has taken a large margin and to not worry about it.  So I am taking his advice and just getting on with everything until I hear otherwise. 

Hope you are all well?

• Hi Latchbrookhope you are well?

I think it went well.  The surgeon said that he took a large margin and I will have a big scar but to try not to worry about it.  So that's what I have been doing.  Thankfully work has been really busy and has involved some overseas travel this last week so I haven't had time to think about it.

Should get my results in 1-3 weeks.

Hope you are well?