Inner Canthus Skin Graft

• 2 replies
  • 8 subscribers

Hi all,

1 month ago I had an SCC removed from my inner canthus which required a full thickness skin graft.

Just wanting to hear from anyone who’s had a full thickness graft on the face and at what stage did the skin settle and look normal.

The graft has taken but its quite raised and looks nothing like normal skin. 
I know i’m being impatient but I really don’t see any progress over the last few weeks.

Thanks for your help.

• Hi Cmoz   I had a bcc removed from near my tear duct, top of nose and under the eye  Is this where yours is.  The skin graft was horrendous at first. I cried when I saw it at first. Huge scab which I had to vaseline off and skin red and angry looking  Graft had taken but scabbing shouldnt have happened.  When Consultant discharged me I massaged loads of times every day with bio oil and quite hard, that is why it has to be healed.  Was hard as I had to be careful it wasnt getting into my eye.  The skin was very tight and raised.  Luckily it was whilst we were wearing masks so I could hide it more or less.  Two years on it is hardly noticeable, even less with make up.  I am very careful about applying eye cream every night as skin is really dry in this area  The host area down the side of my face healed beautifully and you cant see anything there.  I am not a sun worshipper, dont know about you, but I am 75 so age is a related thing.  I wear No 7 Factor 50 sun cream from March until December every day and wear a sun hat.  I am paranoid about the sun now, winter is my favourite season !!  Good Luck and keep in touch.  This group is so helpful, people are kind and share their stories 
  • Hi Harlan,

Thank you so much for replying Blush

The graft is in the very corner of my eye/bridge of the nose. I still have 2 more weeks of Vaseline application following the doctors orders. There’s no longer a scab just nothing that looks like normal skin

Im 38 years old and already had approx 10 BCC’s cut out but this was my first SCC. I love the sun but it doesn’t move me. I don’t leave the house now without applying sun cream  regardless of the weather.

It’s very comforting to hear your graft is hardly noticeable. Thanks again for reaching out