BCC on nose alar Skin graft failure

• 12 replies
  • 10 subscribers

Just under 3wks ago I had a BCC removed from the Alar on my nose. A skin graft was taken from in front of my ear. Graft was stitched in place and a compression dressing stitched in place also. 
One week post surgery the consultant removed the compression dressing, re dressed and put me on anti biotics as it looked like infection was present on the edge. 
Two week post surgery and another re dressing. Infection looks to have shifted, but to continue anti biotics. Graft has taken in middle, but not on edges. 
I am due to go back to consultant on Tuesday, but I am really nervous. What happens if the graft hasn’t taken? Do they attempt it again or is it secondary healing I’ve seen on other threads?

I changed my dressing today as it was falling off and the first time I’ve seen the graft site. Looks like a huge scab 20p piece size and some pus on edge, so I assume that’s where the graft isn’t taking still. 
can anyone help with the healing stages of a graft? Is a big scab normal, what happens when this falls off? Is the graft skin beneath the scab or will it be new skin. 
I know I’ll have a scar and still not sure if the contour of my nose will recover, so any past experience would be helpful. Thank you

• Hi Puckettyboo Sent you a private message a few minutes ago did you receive it x

• Hi Harlyn. I did Thank-you... I'm having problems answering.... sorry to hear about your pillar cyst but so glad it's not another bcc... it's so stressful isn't it? I stocked up today too..... I'll keep trying to work out why I'm having problems with private messaging... thinking of you and hope all goes well