Sun protection recommendations

• 11 replies
  • 14 subscribers

Hi

I've always been quite careful in the sun but got a BCC anyway. That means I'm going to be even more careful now! Someone told me you can get a new BCC every 5 years on average and I'm just 40 so that's potentially quite a few more.

I wonder if anyone had any good recommendations for sun protection?

I already wear factor 50, the face ones always give me spots. I've always thought its better to have spots than skin cancer but does anyone use something that doesn't irritate skin so much?

I've seen a factor 130 online- is that worth the extra cost? I'm not a sun worshipper so unlikely to out for long anyway

I never wear hats and all of the UV protection ones I've seen are really ugly- where can I get a decent hat that's also fashionable?

Has anyone found any clothes that are UV protecting but also don't make you too hot? I hate being hot.

sorry- lots of questions but I figure if anyone knows the answers it'll be you guys Slight smile

thank you

• I use Altruist factor 50. I had a melanoma removed from my cheek 18 months ago, and heard the dermatologist who developed Altruist talking on the radio one day. It is fine for my face - much nicer to use than high street brands. I sometimes mix it with a little of my moisturiser as I have dry, sensitive skin.

I never used to like wearing hats - now needs must! 

Incidentally, I now wear a hat in the winter too as I find I need to protect my scar from the wind and cold.