Travel insurance

• 3 replies
  • 10 subscribers

Hello

i was diagnosed with Pseudo Myxoma Peritoni early this year and had complete cytoreductive surgery 25/5/23, and(HIPEC)at Basingstoke Hospital. This was successful and I was discharged after two weeks, I am recovering well. We are planning to take a short holiday Europe in Oct. Can anyone advise on travel insurance. Thanks

• Hello PEM36

We all need a holiday and it's a good idea having travel insurance when travelling with any cancer.

Can I point you in the direction of Travel insurance forum for cancer patients . If you click on the link I have created this will take you there and there's plenty of good advice there. If you need any further help please come back to me.

Have a great holiday.

Best wishes - Brian.

Community Champion badge

Macmillan Support Line - 0808 808 00 00, 7 days a week between 8am-8pm

Strength, Courage, Faith, Hope, Defiance, VICTORY.

I am a Macmillan volunteer.

• Thank you Brian . I’m brand new to this and also hopeless with IT but I’m working on it

• You aren't the only one - I am 67, newly "promoted" to Community Champion and finding my feet! I had to check once I had put my post up that the link worked!!

On a personal note for travel insurance I find most insurance companies use the same algorithms to calculate your premium and once you complete the long online form - it asks you to ring for a quote! We gave up filling the forms in online and just rang about 3 companies before we found what we wanted.

Good luck - enjoy your break.

Best wishes - Brian.

Community Champion badge

Macmillan Support Line - 0808 808 00 00, 7 days a week between 8am-8pm

Strength, Courage, Faith, Hope, Defiance, VICTORY.

I am a Macmillan volunteer.