Travel Insurance recommendations

• 4 replies
  • 163 subscribers

Hi folks,

My diagnosis is stable and to date (for 2 years) I am under active surveillance every 3 months and have received no form of treatment as yet.

I olan to go abroad on holiday as much as I can, when I can, and am seeking recommendations with regard to obtaining travel insurance for either single trips or annual cover.

All suggestions are welcome.

Thank you in advance

David 

• If you’re on AS with no treatment, I’m not sure you even need to declare it.   Let’s face it, we’re all on AS until we get ill, but until then it shouldn’t affect your travel.  AW

• Hello David ( 

I agree with the post above from AW although we do have this thread (just click on the link)

Travel insurance forum for cancer patients 

should you wish to have a look.

Enjoy the holidays. Sunglasses

Best wishes - Brian.

Community Champion badge

Macmillan Support Line - 0808 808 00 00, 7 days a week between 8am-8pm

Strength, Courage, Faith, Hope, Defiance, VICTORY.

I am a Macmillan volunteer.

• Hello David,

I don't believe you'll have any problem at all getting insurance and you might even be lucky that it won't cost you any nore than standard rates. However it's essential that you declare all health conditions and answer any questions they ask even if you've had no treatment.

I'm assuming your prostate issue will be on your medical record and my view is that you must delcare it, otherwise if something goes wrong when you're away and the insurer discovers you haven't and you're on AS you are likely to find yourself uninsured for everything even if your problem at the time doesn't appear to be directly related to your prostate. I know it doesn't sound reasonable and everyone regards insurance companies as rip-off merchants, but I'm afraid that's one of the fundamental principles of insurance.

When you're obtaining quotes online, if you're not sure what to declare it might be useful to 'phone the insurer for clarification.

I hope you have some great trips.

Derek.

Made in 1956. Tested to destruction.