Introducing Myself

• 6 replies
  • 159 subscribers

Hi everyone I am Andy and after a Turp Procedure on 24 April 2024 for enlarged Postrate .Two weeks after going home I was contacted by my Consultant and he told me the Biopsy showed aggressive Cancer .I had Mri scan ,Followed bey  a Bone Scan and was called into see my Consultant and told my Cancer was incurable and put on 150mg Bicalutamide for 2 months followed by 2 injections then see my consultant 4th July that's where I am

Keeps safe everyone Andy 

• Hello Andy ()

A warm welcome to the Macmillan Online Prostate Community - I am so sorry to find you here under those circumstances - but it's a great place for help and advice.

You have been placed on Bicalutamide to stop any "tumour flare" once the Hormone Therapy injections start.

Good luck in getting a full treatment plan when you see your oncologist on 4 July 2024 - here's a link that may help you sort out any questions. Don't forget to take someone with you and ask if it's possible to record the meeting.

https://www.macmillan.org.uk/cancer-information-and-support/treatment/your-treatment-options/questions-to-ask-your-healthcare-team

To help you in the future, can I ask you put some details on your profile such as initial PSA and from the TURP you should have a Gleason Score and TNM staging. To add to your profile on your home page click on the icon of the chair - top right - then "profile" and then "edit". Once you have written something don't forget to save it. (You can read a Community Members profile by clicking on their name or avatar).

Any questions - feel free to ask - nothing is too trivial.

Best wishes - Brian.

Community Champion badge

Macmillan Support Line - 0808 808 00 00, 7 days a week between 8am-8pm

Strength, Courage, Faith, Hope, Defiance, VICTORY.

I am a Macmillan volunteer.

• Hi Andy ( , sorry you have arrived with us after having the TURP and thinking all was ok.  Initially it is difficult to get your head round this sort of diagnosis, but I can assure you it does get better and life settles into a new ‘normal’.   Please ask any questions and I am sure others will be along (if you can add your profile as Brian suggested that helps) in due course. Take care, David 

• Hi AndyF73.

Good evening it's great to meet you today but I am very sorry that it's under these circumstances.

I'm also very sorry to hear that your TURP Procedure didn't go to plan. And that the diagnosis has turned to Terminal but Treatable.

I'm am one of many men on hear who are also Terminal but Treatable. I was also put on Hormone Therapy injections and tablets last June 2023.

Twelve months on my PSA has dropped from 1000+ to 0.9 (Crazy)  I now have 3 monthly check ups with my consultant to go through the recent PSA results and to collect more meds.

Please come back to me if you need any further help/advice???

Prostate Worrier.

• Hi Andyt and another warm welcome from me, I too had a TURP, have aggressive cancer and was told straight away, incurable, Andy I can imagine what your going through and I know it's a difficult time for you, but I was diagnosed 2 years ago and still on treatment plan A and doing well, despite 14 non cancer related significant conditions, and have plans B, C and D to follow and who knows what to follow, take care.

Eddie

• Hi Eddie 

Thank you for reaching out it is a shock to the system hearing the dreaded word cancer . You have inspired me by telling me your journey I do feel positive and I am lucky having this forums inputs and advice thank you Eddie and be safe 

• Andy
  • Your welcome Andy. Cancers not a word anyone wants to hear,  though good to hear your being positive and hopefully keeping  fit , as it will be a big for  you though treatments. The forum is a great place to be, full of wonderful people, everyone of them happy to support you any way they can,  best wishes 

Eddie