Hello

• 2 replies
  • 154 subscribers

Hello, I've just found this forum, having recently been diagnosed with prostate cancer. I'm a 65 year old man and I feel well, but i'm anxious about treatment options. I've chosen active surveillance for the moment. It's good to know that I can be part of this forum as I try to come to terms with my new situation. 

• Hello   A warm welcome to the online Prostate Community - I am sure you don't want to be here but we are a decent bunch.

Active Surveillance is great providing you are happy that there's no large increase in your PSA and are being checked at regular intervals and you don't have any anxiety. Prostate Cancer UK have a cracking booklet on AS and if you haven't seen this here's a link to it-

https://shop.prostatecanceruk.org/our-publications/all-publications/active-surveillance

It would help us to help you if you would kindly put your diagnosis up on your profile (Initial PSA; Gleason Score TNM Staging). To do this click on the chair on your home page (top right) then "profile" then "edit". (You can read mine by clicking on my avatar but you don't need to write a book!).

Feel free to ask any questions, however trivial and join in any conversations. You are most welcome.

Best wishes - Brian.

Community Champion badge

Macmillan Support Line - 0808 808 00 00, 7 days a week between 8am-8pm

Strength, Courage, Faith, Hope, Defiance, VICTORY.

I am a Macmillan volunteer.

• Hi Keddie

Good morning and welcome to our prostate cancer family sorry to meet you under these circumstances but neither less it's great to meet you.

Yes it is good that you are on Active Servaliance & that your Prostate Cancer has been picked up and that your team are monitoring it which is great news.

It is human nature too feel anxious but believe me you are in good hands now and you have come to the right place for help/support/advice.

There's many members who have been through similar situations who will soon be in touch and I can see that you have already had a number of replys.

I found out that I had Terminal Prostate Cancer last June and I was put on Hormone Therapy straightaway which has luckily put my cancer in to hibernation for the time being.

Please please come back to me if there's anything that I can help/support you with???

Prostate Worrier.