Anxiety

• 6 replies
  • 159 subscribers

Hi

first post for me this! I’ve had low grade prostate cancer for 12 months now. I’m on A/S and all seems good. Trouble is I’m a worrier and as soon as I get an ache or pain whether in stomach, underarm or groin lack of appetite....I suppose the usual for someone with anxiety!! 
just wanted to get it off my chest 

thanks Steve 

• Just like myself steve recently diagnosed with low grade p.c. finding it hard to concentrate on anything else . Still not sure weather to stay on a.s or go for treatment. i don't want to rush a decision. I am due another psa test in August so will try and wait till then .when I posted on here reply I got assured me anxiety gets better with time

• Hello Steve ( 

A warm welcome to the online Prostate Community although I am so sorry to find you here.

I know where you are coming from, at the start of my journey I worried about everything - although 28 months down the line from diagnosis I have learned that my cancer is under control and even though my PSA results are going the right way - if things to "turn bad" there are plenty of treatments further on to tackle any increased PSA and possible further spread. On a personal note I don't worry about something that's out of my control - however that's me.

A few suggestions if I may (I am aware you have low grade PCa and are on AS)

* Do you have a "Maggie's" centre near you. Maggie's is a support centre for anyone with cancer - you can just drop in for a coffee and a chat. to find your local "Maggie's" 033 123 1801.

* How about joining our Macmillan Buddy scheme where you will be allocated a telephone buddy to speak to on a regular basis - here's the link-https://www.macmillan.org.uk/cancer-information-and-support/get-help/emotional-help/macmillan-buddies

* Anxiety UK - are great at providing advice regarding anxiety - 0344 477 5774 or www.anxietyuk.org.uk

* Give our support line a call on 0808 808 00 00 (8am to 8pm 7 days a week)  they have plenty of help, advice and support for you.

Of course there's the online Community - there's always someone here for a chat - and as you have now

just wanted to get it off my chest 

I hope you feel better for that. 

Please feel free to ask any questions, however trivial or join in any conversations - if I can do anything for you please let me know.

Kind Regards - Brian.

Community Champion badge

Macmillan Support Line - 0808 808 00 00, 7 days a week between 8am-8pm

Strength, Courage, Faith, Hope, Defiance, VICTORY.

I am a Macmillan volunteer.

• Thanks for that Brian,

I think what started it was I was playing football last weekend and I felt my old hernia in my groin pull! And panic stations started as we go on a cruise Thursday Worried I’m in my doctors on Wednesday so he can confirm my situation hopefully. Just stressful not eating when I think I should 

regards Steve

• Hi Michael 

I’ve just had my 12 month scan so should get results in June. My levels are stable but I’ve made myself worse thinking that every ache and pain is something different and could be missed. No appetite and all the other stuff that comes with it. We’re going on a cruise soon so hopefully I’ll get my act together 

• I know how you feel was the same myself before I got my results of m.r.i.aches and pains all over due to my job but head started racing but consultant nurse calmed me down when assured me nothing to do with my p.c . Enjoy your cruise 

• Hi Michael and Newty, I did a wellbeing course, sponsored by Macmillan at a local cancer charity, to help me through my prognosis and getting on with life, helped me from a very very low place to deciding to get married, take care.

Eddie