Hiya

• 4 replies
  • 155 subscribers

Hello everyone,

I joined here back in July 2023 just after I was diagnosed, but am only now aiming to getting involved a bit more. Here is some info about me:

I'm a 45 year old teacher who lives in Brighton. I was diagnosed with metastatic PC in June 23, started hormone therapy immediately (they did not hang around), Degaralix initially, then switched to Prostap in December due to painful swelling - much better! I went through 6 cycles of Docetaxyl from October - January which was surprisingly ok... no real side effects and kept working full time.

I've now completed 2 of 6 sessions of radiotherapy on the primary tumor, due to finish that late May. Then... who knows?! My PSA is behaving; it has now come down to less than 3, so that's positive.

Am married with two grown up step-daughters (left home a while back) and two cats (in some ways a satisfactory replacement - certainly cheaper than kids!).

Am doing ok, as I tend to be an optimist, but obviously have difficult, emotional moments with my partner. 

Clinical History: Metastatic prostate cancer T4 N1 M1b, presenting PSA 90 June 2023; Gleason 8 (4+4) adenocarcinoma treated with chemotherapy 6 cycles. Now on Darolutamide, PSA 2.74 as of March 2024

Andy

• Hello Andy ( )

A warm welcome to the online Community - although as you say you have been "stalking us" for the past 9 months.Joy.

Having read your profile and your post even though you are a T4 it looks like you have got everything in hand and are doing well. I understand what you say about

difficult, emotional moments

I think that's all part of the journey - we all have them and for me the cancer has brought me and Mrs Millibob closer together(I thought we were close as we will have been married 45 years next month!!).

Anyway - welcome again - feel free to join in with any help you can offer - the more the merrier. - stronger together.

Best wishes - Brian.

Community Champion badge

Macmillan Support Line - 0808 808 00 00, 7 days a week between 8am-8pm

Strength, Courage, Faith, Hope, Defiance, VICTORY.

I am a Macmillan volunteer.

• Hi BrightonBiker

Good afternoon it's great to meet you today sorry that it's in these circumstances but never mind.

Yes I had my diagnosis last June which was also Metastatic T4 N1 M1 with a PSA off 1000+.

I was also put on to HT injections and tablets only & my PSA has dropped drastically since and is 0.9 currently.

I have also got two grown up children and my son has left and moved in with his girlfriend and my daughter still lives at home.

Yes I am currently still the same as before my diagnosis and no one would now any difference.

I have previously fought back from a Stroke when I was 32yrs old and I am going to fight this blighter in the same fashion believe me.

Please please come back to me if there's anything that I can help/support you with???

"Stay Strong & Keep Fighting"

Prostate Worrier.

• Thanks for the welcome Bob - it feels good to connect and say hi to everyone.

• Hi  , you sound to be on a similar treatment path to myself and you are coping much better than I managed.  I am sure your age is a big plus in your favour.  Hope the remaining RT goes well and you can then settle into a ‘normal’ routine for decades to come.  Best wishes, David.