facing depression

• 6 replies
  • 156 subscribers

my husband has prostate cancer with bone metatasis we only found out 2022 after covid had finished which was too late by then psa score 92

2024 we take each day as it comes Just been oncology check up today drugs are working everything ok we get three boxes of tablets again

so we can enjoy to july together booked a holiday to bridington next month then wales in june if everything ok u

hoping to chat with the forum 

hes not been on the motorbike since last year  his hip playing him up cross fingers we been all over europe

• Hello   A warm welcome to the online Prostate Community, although I am so sorry to find you here.

It's good to know your husband's medication is keeping him well and you have some holidays to look forward to. Are you waiting for treatment for your husband's hip? I am aware the NHS waiting lists for a replacement are quite long.

You headed your post "facing depression" - might I ask is this you or your husband? - If it's affecting either of you because of the cancer diagnosis please feel free to contact our support line on 0808 808 00 00 (8am to 8pm 7 days) - there is plenty of help available to you.

Best wishes - Brian.

Community Champion badge

Macmillan Support Line - 0808 808 00 00, 7 days a week between 8am-8pm

Strength, Courage, Faith, Hope, Defiance, VICTORY.

I am a Macmillan volunteer.

• hi ive the one with depression more like waves of sobbing starts of the silliest thing

never know when it happen we go to gym together that helps gone down a dress more

clothes  Both on 2 anti anxiety tablets already must help 

we dont think his hip is arthritis as pet scan found cancer in 5 places one is the hip

try not to think abut it  thank you for your email janet

• Hello Janet ( )

At least you are on something for the anxiety and you do know where the hip pain is from. If it gets any worse I would contact your GP for some pain relief.

There's always our support line on 0808 808 00 00 (8am to 8pm) 7 days a week for that extra bit of support.

Best wishes - Brian.

Community Champion badge

• Hi Pillionpassenger

Good afternoon it's great to meet you today sorry that it's in our prostate cancer family.

Yes I was diagnosed last June with a PSA off 1000+ that has spread to my bones as well.

Since I have been on the Hormone Therapy my PSA is now down to 0.9 today. 

We have just got back from the hospital and the consultant is very happy with my PSA and he even said my bone mets are now normal with just scaring in the bones.

I have just collected 3 box's off my Hormone Tablets as well. I am also on two calcium tablets for my bones that seem to be working well.

Yes I have had a number of motorbikes back in the day 30+ years ago but a mortgage and house put pay to those.

Prostate Worrier.

• Hi Janet I'm glad you found your way here from the family and friends forum, That's wonderful you are going to the gym together as exercise will help you both with your emotions and help you feel better, Can i ask is your husband taking anything to strengthen his bones, it is important that he does, Have a great time in Bridlington, been many time myself, and in Wales, take care both of you.

Eddie

• Hi Janet ( )

anything to strengthen his bones, it is important that he does,

as Eddie ( ) said  - Calcium and Vitamin D tablets  -  your G P can prescribe them.

Best wishes - Brian.

Community Champion badge