Hello

• 4 replies
  • 144 subscribers

Have tried so hard as you must all know to start this conversation! my better half my rock got diagnosed with tb3 n0 m1 last year and at this stage just trying and thinking let's just take life as it comes but sometimes think it's hard for him and want tol help any advice please

By the way hello everyone

• Hi, Best thing to do is take it step by step.

It's exactly 1 year since I was diagnosed, this time last year my head was all over the place.  I had the Hormones and Radiotherapy option, don't regret that at all.  Night Flushes still keeping me awake at night.

I had 5 months of counselling through a charity called 'Coping with Cancer' (based in Newcastle).  Once a week on a Friday evening, it worked wonders.

Now I am in Biochemical Remission (no more treatment as long as my PSA levels can stay between 0 and 2).

I do have one positive thing I can take from the Cancer, I am a lot stronger mentally.  I can now talk about anything to do with the Cancer and side effects, or anything about myself.  Before I kept everything locked away, wouldn't admit to anything being wrong.

One last thing, I can waffle on and on and on .

Good luck with the treatment.

Steve (SteveCam)

• Hi Stevecam nothing wrong with waffling on actually does you good hubbie actually just going through motions at the moment don't know really what were doing or where we are with feeling s at this moments as we have other health problems with members of our family and nu!b by all of tjis

• That was numb by all of this sorry heads all over the place

• Joe,

It took me a couple of months to get my head around it.

Once I had accepted it into my head it was a lot easier.

As a coping mechanism my partner said to keep a thought diary.

What would I write???

Now, 1 year later, I'm nearly finished my 5th diary.  Everything goes into it.  I'm now looking back to last year to see how I was feeling then.

Sometimes I can't believe how I was then.

The counselling I had really helped.

Best of luck.

Steve (SteveCam)