Tablets v injections

• 2 replies
  • 151 subscribers

Hi there, 

Recently completed 20 sessions of Radiotherapy for prostate cancer. PSA 12 Gleeson 4.

Been put on Bicalutamide for 18 months. Was also given the option of injections every 4/12 weeks. I find I get swollen ankles and sore breasts with the tablets. Wondered if I would be better off with injections?

Any thoughts appreciated.

• Hi and a very warm welcome to the online community which I hope you'll find is both an informative and supportive place to be.

I can't help with your question but noticed that your post hadn't had any replies yet so responding to you will 'bump' it back to the top of the discussion list.

While you're waiting for replies it would be great if you could pop something about your diagnosis and treatment so far into your profile as it really helps others when replying to you and also when looking for someone on a similar pathway. It also means that you don't have to keep repeating yourself. To do this click on your username and then select 'Profile'. You can amend it at any time and if you're not sure what to write you can take a look at mine by clicking on my username.

x

Community Champion Badge

"Never regret a day in your life, good days give you happiness, bad days give you experience"

• Hi Stalky,

I was on injections and tablets for nearly 4 months, made my side effects worse , sleep, sore breasts weight gain, and worse of all mentally tough, I was walking down my high street wondering what’s the best way, I had to reach out , Paul’s centre Macmillan, Maggies centre , talking therapies Lambeth all helped .

I hope you find your own way of dealing with this shit as their is no right way . Sorry that it’s blunt but that’s how it is for me.

Regards 

Tony