Here we go again

• 6 replies
  • 112 subscribers

Following my telephone appointment with the Oncology department and I mentioned the pain in my hips and back I have a CT scan on Sunday afternoon and a Bone scan on Wednesday morning

They are very quick off the mark except I then have to wait until October to have a face to face with the consultant

Part of me doesn't want them to find anything but the other part wants an answer to what is going on

It's never straight forward is it?

• Good Afternoon  

I know just how you feel. There's something going on -You don't want anything to be going wrong but by the same token if you find it - can you fix it?

I know your PSA has been rising and 3 rises in a row are bound to set of an alarm - the good thing is you are being recalled to have the two scans. Once you have had these I think I would be pestering the Consultant's Secretary to see if he's got any cancelled appointments you an take. The waiting for results is the hardest part of this journey.

I do hope there's no increase in your pain levels and you get sorted ASAP.

Best wishes - Brian.

Community Champion badge

Macmillan Support Line - 0808 808 00 00, 7 days a week between 8am-8pm

Strength, Courage, Faith, Hope, Defiance, VICTORY.

I am a Macmillan volunteer.

• What with hobbling around like an old man and taking Sage extract to try to control the hot flushes I'm having a great time ;-)
    What makes it worse is I haven't hit anyone for two months - I'm not a psycho - I've practised martial arts for 50 years ! - actually maybe that makes me a psycho ;-)

• Now I know how you feel - I've been on Sage tablets for over 2 years but it's put paid to the hot flushes.

As for the hobbling around, yes the HT has taken it's toll on me 3 years on and I walk slower and weigh more BUT I am a lucky boy on a "curative pathway". I think old age has contributed too.

One of my clients runs the local jiu jitsu centre. There's no kicking and punching - I think that's more "grappling" and he's my age - super fit and something like a 7th dan with a black belt and travels the world judging competitions. He's tried to get me to have a go - but I am a wimp - I am needle phobic - I am a lover - not a fighter!! I can't see me doing any martial arts. Let's hope once you are sorted you can get back into it.

Best wishes - Brian.

Community Champion badge

• Hello Everyone 

Just wanted to say, thank you for all your replies, they were most welcome. 
    I still have problems, pins and needles in hands and feet still causing me issues, plus lost three nails so far with others to follow.

My main concern is two things, first my balance, which has me tottering a bit, plus my shuffle when walking, as much as I try still having difficulty there.

So gastro tomorrow, then urology in two weeks, with my hormone injection in between them dates.

I’m hoping to get to the seaside next month, I love the smell of the sea air and the gulls, it’s our anniversary plus my wife’s 60th a few days earlier, might not be to active but intend to enjoy this few days away.

Stay Safe

Joe

• Hello Joe ( 

Balance is something I think we all suffer from as we get older - I've just fallen off my bike twice in a week - Mrs M has now banned me from riding it!! Walking - well again the older we get the harder it gets.

You are doing great though - you have a target - the seaside. I agree the ozone, the fresh sea air and just being away is great - you enjoy the break.

Congratulations to you both on your anniversary and also to Mrs Joe on her 60th. Enjoy the time together and try and forget the cancer for a while.

Best wishes - Brian.

Community Champion badge

• Enjoy your time away celebrating your anniversary & wife's birthday.  There's definitely something special about the scent in sea air which makes it really invigorating.  Nothing like sitting watching the waves roll in - so relaxing. 

Have to differ though on the sound of the gulls - nice at first as very atmospheric but the ones where we live seem to take great pleasure in squawking overhead & making a mess (think guano) so can get on your nerves after a while.  More than happy to direct a few to where you live though Grinning