Latest PSA test

• 10 replies
  • 112 subscribers

I was having a variety of blood tests at the GP practice trying to diagnose the source of some severe leg pain. The GP added a PSA as a "safeguard" against there being a growth on the lower spine. Everything came back as normal and the PSA was 0.2, the same as it has been for over two years! The GP practice passed the PSA result to Urology who phoned me yesterday to say that they were happy and, as it's now five years since the end of my RT, I will be moved on to annual PSA tests. The next one will be in May 2025!

Oh, and the leg pain was sciatica and was sorted by a course of Amitriptyline. I had about a week where I could hardly walk which was very frustrating (especially for the dog), but I was OK to drive and went to the leisure centre for swimming seven days in a row which was really helpful. It's all good now and I'm back to walking about 6 miles every day and swimming twice a week. Rowing will start again next week.

•  

You are a star - Great News about the PSA and back to normal with the walking - I think there will be one very pleased Patch now he's back to his daily walks.

Kind Regards - Brian

Community Champion badge

Macmillan Support Line - 0808 808 00 00, 7 days a week between 8am-8pm

Strength, Courage, Faith, Hope, Defiance, VICTORY.

I am a Macmillan volunteer.

• Inspirational!  Congratulations! Raised hands 

Geoff S

We`ve Got This!

• Hi  , that’s great news and should give so much hope and comfort to any T3A N0 M0 folk lurking on this site. Good luck with your May 25 results! David

• Hi  

is an inspiration to me - he's been a great help to me in my own journey and as I am now a Gleason 9 T3aN0M0 - I want to follow in his footsteps.

(although the coastal rowing sounds like hard work!!).

Kind Regards to both of you - Brian.

Community Champion badge

• Good to hear but sciatica is a devil.  Take care Seamus.

• Thanks everyone for your good wishes. It's always at the back of your mind that the PCa could be behind every ache and pain and it was a great relief that the GP decided to do a PSA test to eliminate that possibility.

As an aside, Mrs Seamus and I will celebrate our Emerald wedding anniversary on Friday. Yes 55 years is a long time!

Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery and today is a gift.
    Seamus
    (See my profile for more)
  • As an aside, Mrs Seamus and I will celebrate our Emerald wedding anniversary on Friday. Yes 55 years is a long time!

That's great  - My best wishes to both of you for Friday, only a tad in front of me and Mrs Millibob (45 years!).

Kindest Regards - Brian

Community Champion badge

• Well done to you both on your Emerald Wedding Anniversary.  My Mum and Dad celebrated their 65th,  Unfortunately before they could reach 70 years my Dad died at 88 nearly 89 that was 6 months before their 67th Anniversary.  Theirs was a wonderful marriage which none of us could unfortunately manage as both my brother and I divorced after around 30 years (my brother 3 times altogether - he's a glutton for punishment Slight smile.  Unfortunately my sister and her lovely husband  made it to 52 years before her husband died of gullet cancer.  Such a shame.  Make the most of what you have when you have it and enjoy the celebrations.  CONGRATULATIONS!

• Plenty of things to celebrate tomorrow Seamus. Have a wonderful time to both of you.