Bone mets in bone marrow

• 3 replies
  • 108 subscribers

Hi its been 3 1/2 year since partner was diagnosed with advanced pc to bones , his last resort treatment is now not working as its in his bone marrow and requires a blood transfusion every 3 weeks , obviously I'm very worried,  he has is good and bad days , unable to walk but this has been a year , has anyone having this same experience or know who has , I can't seem to find anything on cancer in the bone marrow,

• My only experience is when my husband developed MF.  Myelofibrosis (MF) is a type of blood cancer that causes scarring (fibrosis) in your bone marrow and stops blood cells being produced normally. Bone marrow is the spongy material inside our larger bones where most blood cells are made.

The blood transfusion 3 pints every three weeks was a great help with his spleen and increased his energy levels.  My thoughts are with you and your partner during this trying time.

• Hello again  

I have boosted this thread to the top to see if there is anyone else who can help. I have no experience of blood transfusions but was wondering if the myeloma forum might be able to give you some pointers. Here is the link  Myeloma forum 

How are you doing?

• Hello  

I am so sorry to read of your husband's issues. May I suggest you give our support line a call on 0808 808 00 00 (8am to 8pm). I am sure they will be able to provide some help and indeed some extra support.

Best wishes - Brian.

Community Champion badge

Macmillan Support Line - 0808 808 00 00, 7 days a week between 8am-8pm

Strength, Courage, Faith, Hope, Defiance, VICTORY.

I am a Macmillan volunteer.