How to tag people or another thread within a post

• 9 replies
  • 106 subscribers

Question is how do you tag people or another thread within a post?   AW

• Hi Warrior.

I only learnt how to do this a little while ago. When you want to tag someone put the @ sign in then immediately start writing their name. A box will pop up immediately below giving you the options. Press on the name you want and hey presto they are tagged. I have tagged you into this thread and you should be notified.  

• Hi AW

To tag a thread you type in the @ sign then type in the name of the thread -  so typing in "How to tag people" and then look under the second heading "other content" and the thread is there. 

How to tag people or another thread within a post 

Happy Days - hope all is well at the "Wander Household"

Kind Regards - Brian.

Community Champion badge

Macmillan Support Line - 0808 808 00 00, 7 days a week between 8am-8pm

Strength, Courage, Faith, Hope, Defiance, VICTORY.

I am a Macmillan volunteer.

• To add a thread on mobile, click on it. At the top right of the page are 3 dots in a vertical line. Click on it - there should be an option to copy. Press on it and it should say ' copied to....' Go back to the thread you want to insert it into and on a new line press on the screen. It should give you the options to 'paste'. Press on it and it should appear. Make sure you then go onto a new line before exiting or carrying on.

If you are on a laptop then copy and paste the web page.

• The site developers are due to update the site in the next few days and we hope that some of the issues that Community Members have had whilst using the site on their mobile phones will be resolved.

Community Champion badge

• Hi Brian great to hear of the update coming soon, a lot  of members on the LWIC forum have not posted for a while, and hopefully it's due to technical issues, though understandably darker thoughts are present at times, take care

Eddie

•    

I just learned how to do this ten seconds ago.

Woohoo!!!

Steve (SteveCam)

• I have a feeling   we will have to limit the number of "tags" you are able to use otherwise I feel a dose of "tagitis" and we will all be answering to you!!

Community Champion badge

• Hmm... "Tagitis" sounds bad!

Steve (SteveCam)

• It seems to be contagious!

Steve (SteveCam)