The use of fybogel

• 5 replies
  • 110 subscribers

I had a meeting on Wednesday and was given by prescription of my injection and fybogel and sennosides I was told to take it for two weeks before my scan for radiotherapy but I have 60: sennosides taThumbsupets I am to take one each night , then 60 fybogel one twice a day this seam's alot for two weeks , should I taking them for longer any help with this would be appreciated Thumbsup

• Hello   A warm welcome to the online Prostate Community. My Radiotherapy was completed with an empty bowel for each fraction so I can only assume in the past you have a record of constipation and your team are making sure you have a clear bowel for your planning scan. 

It's only a guess - i was provided with "Micro - Enemas" to take before my planning scan and my actual radiotherapy.

I am sure someone will have an answer for you.

Best wishes - Brian.

Community Champion badge

Macmillan Support Line - 0808 808 00 00, 7 days a week between 8am-8pm

Strength, Courage, Faith, Hope, Defiance, VICTORY.

I am a Macmillan volunteer.

• Please may I suggest to empty your bowel please have pure peanut butter and pure dates(nothing added to them)) baked beans and wholemeal bread/grainary bread

• It's the prescription I have been given my the oncologist and thought I was to take it before my first visit for a scan and for two weeks but I have 60 tablets and 60 sachets 

• AH sorry Michael - I should read your post, I missed the numbers!!. Best option, contact the Oncology team and check. I can't see why the prescription is for so much!

Best wishes - Brian.

Community Champion badge

Macmillan Support Line - 0808 808 00 00, 7 days a week between 8am-8pm

Strength, Courage, Faith, Hope, Defiance, VICTORY.

I am a Macmillan volunteer.

• I don't have much of a problem with constipation, the oncologist gave me a prescription for sennosides tablets 60 once a day and 60 sachets of fybogel twice a day to take two weeks before my scan this is alot tablets ect for two weeks