Side efects

• 2 replies
  • 111 subscribers
  • After having my prostate removed 2 years ago at 67 gleeson 3+4  PSA was 5 I have had never ending continance problems mainly due to a bladder neck restriction,last week i had a urethrotomy to open the bladder neck i now have to have catheter for 4 weeks the problem is i have extremely painfull bladder spasms with urine leaking around the catheter tube,also causing me to pass faeces 5/6 times untill my bowel is empty every morning,im on antibiotics and painkillers tramadol with paracetamol,the surgeon also left in my superprubic catheter in case i need a second op.i wonder if I am alone with this problem
  • Good Morning   A warm welcome to the online Community.

So sorry to read of your catheter issues. I can't give you a firm answer to your issues, I can tell you I had an indwelling catheter for 10 months and never experienced any leakage. I suspect if this is the case with you (and the bowel issue is new) there is a problem and you need to contact your hospital team and advise them of your continuing issues.

Best wishes - Brian.

Community Champion badge

Macmillan Support Line - 0808 808 00 00, 7 days a week between 8am-8pm

Strength, Courage, Faith, Hope, Defiance, VICTORY.

I am a Macmillan volunteer.

• That sounds miserable , Radar . I had a robotic prostatectomy at the same time as you , have reached continence , but now found I have bladder polyps that need removal

No advice to give , but just letting you know you’re not alone with postoperative issues . Bill