NHS App

• 15 replies
  • 112 subscribers

On my NHS App, I can only view my GP record.  I tried last week to get my surgery to add hospital data but that has made no apparent difference.  My surgery suggested that the Oncology dept at my local hospital probably ‘weren’t connected to the app’ yet.  I suspect I am being fobbed off but before I raise a stink,  I want to make sure.
My local hospital is Winchester which is within the Hampshire Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust.  Does anyone within that area have NHS App access to their hospital records?

David

• Hello David

I am under my GP's and our Hospital Trust is Norther Care Alliance. (I am in Oldham) My Hospital records are on my app but not everything. I would say that there is enough information for my needs. I have insisted that all documentation is copied to my GP and this appears under "documents" on my App.

I had my biopsy and TURP operation at North Manchester General - Manchester University Trust - They have their own app - "My Chart" and that's great .Everything is there, in fact when I had full bloods done in Manchester and my GP requested them a couple of weeks later, they accepted the copy results from Manchester!!

Finally I had my Radiotherapy at Christies (The Christy NHS Trust) - They copy my GP in with everything.

I suspect as usual the NHS has gone it's own way with different trusts.

Best wishes - Brian.

Community Champion badge

Macmillan Support Line - 0808 808 00 00, 7 days a week between 8am-8pm

Strength, Courage, Faith, Hope, Defiance, VICTORY.

I am a Macmillan volunteer.

• Alwayshope,  Thanks for both posts.  The latter one is Winchester, MA, USA!

• Brian,

Thanks for your post.  I think this is a can of worms I have just opened.  Your last para probably sums up the situation and each Trust has gone its own way. 
    I just wondered if anyone using the app could access HHFT.  Following the link Alwayshope provided, I can see that 48 departments in Hampshire are linked but Oncology, Bloods and Radiography aren’t yet supported!
    Best wishes
    David

• RoflRofl

Aw - Brilliant - The best intentions though!!

Community Champion badge

• I suspect as usual the NHS has gone it's own way with different trusts.

Just as I said !!  The NHS at it's best - Pity the folk in the "devolved nations" who have no access at all!!

Community Champion badge

• Oh dear. Sorry about that. Will try better next time.

• Easily done.  Your research is usually tip top. David

• Hello David, getting my hospital records was a pain but worth it, GP was ok, cardiology i go to 2 different health trusts NG Sheffield and Leeds, see the same team at both but need my notes from both to get a compleat picture. Urology Doncaster work very closely with oncology WP Sheffield, same again will happily share my notes with each other but i have to get notes from both to get a full picture and the SAR portal. Like i said earlier wort it, as getting your unedited notes and not your edited GP ones opens your eyes,

Eddie