Reliefband.com and chemo nausea relief

• 2 replies
  • 110 subscribers

Has anyone who has had chemo used Reliefband for nausea and sickness relief whilst on Chemo. I would be interested in peoples experiences if you have or a similar product

• Hello   Excuse me for jumping in - nothing to do with Reliefband - I wasn't sure if you were aware we have another forum you could join the Chemotherapy forum , To join, just click on the link I have provided and repost your question there.

I hope this helps - Best wishes - Brian.

Community Champion badge

Macmillan Support Line - 0808 808 00 00, 7 days a week between 8am-8pm

Strength, Courage, Faith, Hope, Defiance, VICTORY.

I am a Macmillan volunteer.

• Hello Skippy.

A friend of mine wore them whilst having chemotherapy and only suffered from mild nausea BUT my husband didn't wear them when he had chemo and again only suffered from mild nausea. Both were given anti nausea drugs before the actual infusion as well as preventative tablets to be taken for 4 days post infusion. Protecting the gut with tweaks to the diet also helps like avoiding over spicy food, no unpasteurised food, wash all fruit and veg and avoid things like salad leaf, no raw or undercooked eggs. I served up only cooked food and spread them little and often so as not to overload the system and to keep him regular. The trick with the anti nausea drugs is to take them preventatively - it is too late to take them only if you start feeling really icky.