Abiraterone

• 2 replies
  • 112 subscribers

I’m wanting to identify the best price for Abiraterone, to include the blood tests and analysis of those tests. 

I have a consultation with my consultant later this week to discuss whether I would benefit from the drug. I anticipate, because of the private setting of the consultation, that if the answer is  I would benefit , there may well then be discussion as to costs. I am aware that there can be a wide variation in cost depending on who is approached, hence this enquiry. 

ideally I’m looking for a list that exists as to costs but failing that people’s personal experience as to costs eg ‘ mine cost xxx including all tests and analysis ie all inclusive, from yyyy’

• Hello   I can't give you the answer you are looking for the best price to include blood tests and analysis of the blood - but I can tell you the price of the medication - as per this link:

https://bnf.nice.org.uk/drugs/abiraterone-acetate/medicinal-forms/

I hope this helps you.

Best wishes - Brian.

Community Champion badge

Macmillan Support Line - 0808 808 00 00, 7 days a week between 8am-8pm

Strength, Courage, Faith, Hope, Defiance, VICTORY.

I am a Macmillan volunteer.

• Hi Peter,

We were told by our consultant that Abiraterone now costs approximately £60 a month instead of  2.5k+ because it went generic last October. I’m presuming he knows what he’s talking about and that it has been approved by the NHS as a first line treatment, but slow to filter through for some areas . Why are you thinking of paying for it, have you tried to get it through NHS ? 
    I just googled it to double check, there’s plenty of info available . Screen shot added . 

LSlight smile

I