Prostate

• 24 replies
  • 119 subscribers

Anyone else suffering from depression since having the operation,I am over 10 years regretting ever having it done.

• Hi, a very unfortunate name you choose for yourself, never had an operation, but I'm only 2years on this journey, I most certainly have had depression so bad that I tried to put an end to thing's, since then I've had quite a bit of counciling which has helped, but I still get down just not that bad, most of the guy's have had problems, some just don't want to admit it.

All the best Ulls 

• I certainly had depression during my diagnosis and treatment but I had a lot of help from Maggie's Centre and the PCUK nurses. If you are near to a Maggie's do drop in and ask for help. They are brilliant. Otherwise try the nurses on here or the PCUK website they are also wonderful. Whatever you do don't suffer alone and get some help.

Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery and today is a gift.
    Seamus
    (See my profile for more)
  • I know,I suppose you try and accept it and go on but after more than 10 years getting a bit much.

• Have you had any help

• Yes, I would second what Seamus said. Do not suffer alone with depression. What I have learnt is that just about everyone is prepared to help as best they can if anyone is in need but people are not mind readers. So you usually have to make the first move and make it clear you need to talk or you need assistance. I would say it is most important that you do not bottle up bad feelings inside. There are obviously reasons for your feelings. Do you think you have explored solutions fully for the reasons and received adequate answers and suggestions. You could try bouncing some of these on this board. Everyone on this board cares because we all share the same basic diagnosis.

• My husband had op in July and thought that would be it , now he has ED ( it was great before the op ) and they say he has microscopic cancer left - can’t have radiotherapy as he also has bowel and autoimmune liver disease so yes he is depressed unfortunately . He works a few hours a day and although he doesn’t feel like going he drags himself out to take his mind off it .

• Sorry to hear, was the op a success, are u still suffering side effects, 

Steve 

• I understand that, lucky I don't have anything else, but I didn't realise that ed would so bad,that's the worst problem,it's only added by every few weeks keep needing to pee every few mins

• We’re thankful that most of the cancer was gone but he only has my support ( wife ) he was advised to go to London for his op which he’s grateful for but he feels abandoned now . We have no local Maggies group . We’ve tried to contact the nhs urology nurse twice lately and had no reply to messages. 
    On another note, the incontinence has improved , hardly any leakage at all now . 
    best wishes to all