No Specific Topic

• 2337 replies
  • 118 subscribers

This is for anyone who can't keep on the topic.  It's hard not to stray, but if we have 'no specific topic ' we can't go off topic.

It is good just to be able to wander and talk about other things.

I could have named it 'Waffle'.  Then I couldn't go off topic.

• Never again will I say anything about Hot Fire Flushes.

Steve (SteveCam)

• It's alright for you - you don't get them anymore - think about the rest of us keeping a glow in the community!!

Community Champion badge

Macmillan Support Line - 0808 808 00 00, 7 days a week between 8am-8pm

Strength, Courage, Faith, Hope, Defiance, VICTORY.

I am a Macmillan volunteer.

• One thing that did help last autumn was a course of Acupuncture. 

6 sessions and the Hot Fire Flushes were downgraded to just "Warm Flushes" (by the MET Office).

Steve (SteveCam)

• Ah well! The three borstal spots hurt and I am needle phobic so Acupuncture is out of the question.

I hate it when nursey nursey comes up to me and utters those words "it's only a slight scratch" when it's a great big cannula. I have to look away and think nice thoughts!

Let's face it I am a wimp - I blame the hormone treatment and feeling like a woman! (awaits response from half the wives/partners on this board!!).

Community Champion badge

• It was only the last 2 needles that hurt (7 were in each ear).

I used to like blaming the Hormones for everything.  Suppose I could belatedly blame them.

Steve (SteveCam)

• You could use the holes to wear some lovely earrings Steve Laughing.  

Millibob, yes you are a wimp but I love the fact that they now say small scratch instead of little prick!! Wonder who complained about that description first Laughing.

I used to have an electric blanket on in the cold and loved it. Now I love sliding into a cold bed and I should be well past the hot flushes at 72. 

Gina

• That's the sort of comment I would get blamed for.

Very good though.

Steve (SteveCam)

• Yes I was thinking of some ear rings to go with my new tattoos too......they would have to be clip ons though!

Community Champion badge

• Yes I was thinking of some ear rings to go with my new tattoos too......they would have to be clip ons though!

Surely piercings would be like having your own personal Acupuncture to carry around with you 24/7!

Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery and today is a gift.
    Seamus
    (See my profile for more)