So many unknowns

• 2 replies
  • 111 subscribers

Hi

My Dad was diagnosed late 2021 with advanced prostate cancer which has spread to his lymph nodes and bones. Started immediately on Firmagon but is not castrate resistant and PSA is 47 (went down to 0.1 when started on HT). Currently waiting result if CT and MRI with a view to starting chemo. Currently he is suffering from fatigue and nausea and possibly depression. Hopefully we will hear from the hospital soon to discuss next steps but can anybody explain how effective chemo when castrate resistant and any other possible treatment he may be offered. 

So many unknowns which is why I think my Dad is feeling a bit low at the minute. 

Thanks for any advice or shared experiences 

• Hi

As a person who’s had chemotherapy, if you look at my profile you’ll see why. It is meant to attack the cancer cells throughout the body, killing them off, it’s very aggressive, some people get by with a few side effects not me unfortunately, but having said that I’m still here 6 years later, I had my treatment when I was 64, hope this helps.

Stay safe

Joe

• Hi fpo sorry to read about your dad, I was diagnosed in January 21 told I had incurable advanced matast prostate cancer, yes lymphs and bones and afew other places.

Once you have had the MDT meeting you will know what future treatment plan consists of, make a list of questions and don't worry about asking them.

All the best Ulls