Weight loss/ diet

• 7 replies
  • 114 subscribers

Hi to my fellow club members 

Any advice on diets or just a way to get rid of the gut that looks like iam carrying a 8 month fetus? Gym no bread and cycling isn't helping.  

• I cut out all sugar, reduced all carbs but mostly smaller portions. I still have a bit of a gut but managed to lose 6kg. Unfortunately I am starting to put on a bit again.

Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery and today is a gift.
    Seamus
    (See my profile for more)
  • Hi G man, sorry to say this but HT increase the stomach size, it also alters diabetic results, I have 3 days eating less than 800 calories and 3 days less than 1800 calories, last day anything I like but being sensible.

All the best Ulls 

• Here's where I'm at.

Regular excercise, however small or much we can do.

No stodge(look for something your happy with as replacement)

Clean water.

No crappy sugar, get sugar fix from high witaminc fruit(oranges, pinnaple for me). Pomegranate when possible.

But big thing is, I think I really need eat less calories now. Men need 2500 calories woman 1800, we been used to lion's share(but reality is on HT and associated changes, we need less)

If we find foods we can realistically swap, we stand more chance....haven't found one for my large Cornish pasties though.....

• To begin with, you need to understand that you should not only perform strength exercises but also focus on cardio loads. You should choose swimming or cycling. Bread isn't that bad if you're on a daily calorie count, which means cutting back on carbs but adding protein and vegetables. You may also need smart scales vont.com, which will show you the dynamics and how your ratio of fat to muscle is changing. Now many sports will give you more physical activity, but at the same time will be comfortable for you. And there is also the possibility that the training system that the trainer has chosen for you simply does not suit you.

• Are you still on HT?  If so it is going to be more of a challenge and were you on the overweight side of normal and not exercising when you started all the treatment?  Again this will add to the challenge. Cycling and Swimming is good - even if the cycling is on a static bike in the gym.  Our gym has stopped doing classes since Covid but if they do a weight loss exercise class then join it if you can.  Eat sensibly no sugar except from fruit and veg and low carb.  Count your calories - there are apps that can help you do this and if you have a fit bit there is a part of that app which will help you counting calories but you have to note down everything you eat and weights.  It was eye opening when my wife actually weighed out the amount of breakfast cereal the calorie count was given for and quite a lot of people,  I am sure eat at least a quarter more to double the amount the calorie count is given for on the box.  this all adds up.  Keep going though because it is going to be better for you to look larger because of the HT but be eating and exercising healthily than  to just give up and eat  bad things and lounge around.

• Hi G man

I know what your saying, I’ve done my best to drop weight and whatever I try never works. I might lose a few kilos but the next week it’s back again, if your on HT these things can happen, but persistent trying never goes amiss salads, water, and a little excersize, just keep the body ticking over, in this heat you’d think we would drop kilos easily, but what can I say just keep trying let your doctor know they might be able to help.

Stay safe 

Joe

• Hi serona, well done on your weight loss, it's not easy but worth it. I can't remember seeing a post from you before, are you new to the site