Good afternoon,

• 1 reply
  • 109 subscribers

Hi Folks i was diagnosed with prostate cancer in Jan-22 ( T3a,Gleason 4+3, i chose hormone and radiotherapy, rather than surgery , ( had the discussion with a friend of mine ,who was diagnosed   8 years ago ,and had surgery ) so he reckoned it was the better option, PSA ,last August, 7.4, Dec-8.4, last tested April -22, and it was 0.3, so the hormone therapy is certainly working ,have another scan in July, and get my radiotherapy programme sorted for treatment starting on 25 July, don't have fatigue as i started back at the gym ,to try and counteract the weight gain, actually took part in the Glasgow 10K, ( walking )  and we have raised nearly £1400.00 for The Beatson Cancer Charity, were i will be getting my treatment. flushes are murder ,, but just have to deal with it.

mental side of it ,had a melt when diagnosed ,i used to have issues with anxiety ,and used self hypnosis, deep relaxation  cd's ( Paul McKenna )  use it regularly with headphones, and it works for me , that and the gym, helps keep your thinking on an even keel, 

Fairlie ( 68 )  

• You seem to be doing really well.  I found that continuing to go to the gym all the way through treatment.  It worked well for all the side effects - didn't notice fatigue, a small belly enlargement, no muscle wastage to speak of and no weight gain resulted for me.  I did have hot flushes but didn't really get them too badly and actually noticed them more after the HT stopped and was leaving my body slowly over the months after the last HT injection as although they came less regularly it was more of a surprise when they came - if you see what I mean.  They probably disappeared about 6 - 9 months after the HT stopped becoming less frequent as time went on.

All the best with your treatment and let us know how you get on.