Radiotherapy

• 11 replies
  • 110 subscribers

Hi I am currently having radiotherapy and I am have trouble with a gas bubble sitting in exactly the wrong place to allow them to do the treatment I have tried WindEase but that doesn’t seem to have been any advice would be very welcome I still have 11 left. 

• Ask the radiologist to suggest or prescribe something.  I did some Yoga movements!  Downward dog and back into Cobra a few times worked for me.  Towards the end of my treatment I this happened to a few of us guys in our waiting room and one of the guy's daughters suggested this as it worked for her.  It generally worked so we did yoga in the middle of the waiting room.  Slight smile

• Hi Freefaller thanks for the tip Yoga has been suggested as well as WindEase it’s very frustrating as I only finished radiotherapy for head and neck cancer last March and I think I managed that very well and thought this was going to be easy. 

• Also worth looking at what you are eating and avoid wind enhancing foods.

• It was suggested to me a walk round first may help to shift it. 

Best of luck. Regards Reg

• Thanks Reg I have tried walking and stairs WindErase trying a bit of Yoga now but at 74 it comes hard, but they are talking Enemas now and I really don’t go a bundle on that idea Joy

• They may give you an enema you administer yourself - I had these for the first 2 weeks of radiotherapy - they are easy to use - coming in a small "squirty" bottle and you use it about an hour or so before treatment so that you clear your bowels before going in to have your radiotherapy.  In the days I had radiotherapy most of us used to administer it in the waiting room lavatoroies - there were three for each radiotherapy waiting room and sit and wait in the waiting room as for some of us it would be hard to get to the hospital without needing a lavatory - even people living in the city couldn't guarantee on getting there due to traffic .  I don't know how in the days of Covid they would manage waiting rooms full of men waiting to use the loos Slight smile

• Yes I am trying to avoid that at all costs but as a last resort I will have too I don’t know if you did but I feel guilty about wasting their time but they keep reassuring me that it’s not uncommon and it’s not my fault, I am trying a bit of Yoga and subject to weather I will walk to my sons for my lift and see if that helps but it’s nice to know I am not alone. 
                      Many Thanks and Kind Regards.  

• No you are not alone.  Quite often just bending over a few times would be enough just give everything a try.

• I thought this was going to be a doddle after having that mask over my face and pinned to the table I just seem to have trouble with everything they had 3 attempts at putting my feeding tube in  and couldn’t get past my hernia so had to do it under anaesthetic but hey all these thing are sent to try us. 
                      Kind Regards Mike.