PSA levels 8 months after Salvage Radiotherapy

• 4 replies
  • 107 subscribers

Hi

I have posted here before but just wanted to pick up from previous threads.

A brief case history is in my profile but to make it short.

I received salvage therapy from September to November 2020 after radical prostatectomy in February 2020.(Gleason 9)

PSA was starting to rise from 0.09 shortly after the op and we started SRT at 0.20 PSA.

I refused hormone therapy despite some urologists recommending it.

The level of PSA was 0.05 three months after SRT and then 0.03 and last week was 0.02.

On the face of it this is a reason for some optimism but my blood tests also show low white count and low platelet count which worries me.

This after my WBC and platelets had been better straight after SRT.

I am not sure if anyone on the forum had SRT after RP but would be interested to know of their experiences and their blood counts following the procedures.

Good luck to all of you out there,

• Hi

Although I can't help with your questions I noticed that your post hadn't had any replies yet and replying to you will 'bump' it back to the top of the discussion list where it'll be more easily spotted.

x

Community Champion Badge

"Never regret a day in your life, good days give you happiness, bad days give you experience"

• Best to ask a medical professional but it is my understanding that blood counts can change after radiotherapy - the radiotherapy keeps on working for months and although mine was not salvage radiotherapy my platelet count was still low up to 6 months after receiving radiotherapy.

• Thanks,my results are probably not what interests those who have higher PSA etc.

I know cancer is pervasive so if anyone had a positive experience after SRT would be good to know.

Doctors will not make predictions which is understandable.

Good luck to those who are having to go through much worse.

• Thank you.that's what I have been hoping ,but doctors say the SRT of pelvic basin hardly touches bones.

There are many moments with prostate and indeed other cancers where doctors are a bit lost.

Thats why its good to hear from those who really experienced it.

good luck and all the best