Five years

• 11 replies
  • 114 subscribers

Hi Everyone 

It’s five years ago today that I and my wife were told I had incurable Prostate Cancer, it hit my wife like a ten truck, me being me, was only interested in calming my wife down, then once the dust had settled how it was going to be dealt with.

I was offered a trial Stampede chemo, radiotherapy and hormone treatment but done intensely, I had plenty happening that after my third dose of chemo I would catch sepsis, after I got through that, they wanted to stop the chemo, my reply not a chance, I might be struggling but at least it’s keeping me alive.

Well five years later, I’am on prostap still now been joined by enzalutamide, I take other meds for assorted things, but one thing I’ve always done stayed positive. Joined this blog and now give advice and help to those either starting out or have a worrying other half as I do who is also my carer.

So to all you people out there keep fighting and to all the McMillan and urology staff and Cancer nurses and doctors, your doing a great job keep it going we all rely on your experience thank you.

To all Stay safe

Joe

• Well done Joe, you're an inspiration to us all, been thru the mill, never complained , more concerned about the ladies/OH who of course suffer as much if not more.

You always give good advice and here's to the next 5 years and more 

Best wishes

Steve

• Congratulations Joe and, as Steve said, here's to another five years and more.

Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery and today is a gift.
    Seamus
    (See my profile for more)
  • Hi Steve

Thanks, I will do my best to stay with everyone, as regards the ladies, my wife who worries about me 24/7 is so helpful as honest as the days long, two weeks ago she found a purse in Tesco’s plenty of money in it, she handed it in, then was more worried for the person that dropped it hoping they would go to customer service, my wife is one in a million.

Thanks for the mention Steve let’s keep helping while we can.

Stay safe

joe

• Well done Joe; keep living, that's the trick!

Keep having birthdays - research shows that people who have more birthdays live longer!

Sunglasses

- - -

Heinous

If I can't beat this, I'm going for the draw.

Meanwhile, my priority is to live while I have the option.

• Hi Joe

That is terrific news as it gives me a great deal of encouragement due to the fact that my diagnosis and treatment have been much the same as yours but I am about 18 months behind you. I too am on Prostap with Aberiterone in place of Enzalutamide. The cost of these drugs is quite frightening so I feel very grateful that we have an NHS that is prepared to finance them as there is no doubt I wouldn't be here without them.

My motto is....Ignore the statistics and don't ask for a prognosis. I was originally told that I had 18 months if I had the treatment offered and here I am nearly 4 years later, alive and kicking!

All the very best for the future,

Andy

• Hi All

Thats the spirit, positivity prognosis is a thing of the past, we live, we fight, we do all we can let’s hope there’s more birthdays to come for everyone.

Stay safe

Joe 

• Hi All

Thats the spirit, positivity prognosis is a thing of the past, we live, we fight, we do all we can let’s hope there’s more birthdays to come for everyone.

Stay safe

Joe 

• Well done Joe, the Stampede trial arm you were in had great results. Being positive also definitely helps. All the best.

Ido4

• Well done Joe you are an inspiration to us all.

• Well done Joe. It's important that we hear the good stuff as well.