Out of breath

• 5 replies
  • 110 subscribers

I've b on 3 monthly Zoladex injections for nearly a year now and recently get out of breath very quickly. Anyone else experienced this or am I just unfit now!?

• Hi Bas, if I were you I would get this checked out by a medical professional. Any appearance of new breathlessness warrants investigation sooner rather than later.

Ido4

• Hi there been on zoladex for almost 2 years now last six months been getting out of breath very fast as I work with metal I use the oxygen bottle o few puffs helps me told doctors said never heard of it as a side effect 

Ian
  • If you've put on a fair bit of weight with your hormone therapy, and/or reduced your activity because of it, then reduced stamina - and so breathlessness if you push it -  is not at all unusual. Technically, it isn't a 'side effect' - but it's still due to the HT!!

On the other hand, none of us are getting any younger, and there are lots of other potential reasons for shortness of breath.

Take Ido4's advice, and get it checked.

- - -

Heinous

If I can't beat this, I'm going for the draw.

Meanwhile, my priority is to live while I have the option.

• Thanks for that Heinous, I think you've hit the nail on the head! Although my weight hasn't gone up, my waistline has increased by two inches and I've had to  buy more trousers, I just couldn't fasten my usual  ones! Nevertheless I will ask the nurse to check me over when I have my next jab.

All the  best.

• I went up two trouser sizes in the first 8 months! Took me ages to drop one, but the second, after the HT finished, took just a few months. 

Trouble with weight watching, is once you start, you can never stop!

- - -

Heinous

If I can't beat this, I'm going for the draw.

Meanwhile, my priority is to live while I have the option.