Prognosis T2 N0

• 6 replies
  • 111 subscribers

I have recently been diagnosed with PC, staged at T2 N0.  During this last year I have been through diagnosis and chemoradio for oesophageal cancer.  That is one of the more aggressive cancers, so I have been very lucky for its treatment to have been effective (so far).  Paradoxically, it was following a PET scan (private) to establish that the Oesophageal C had gone (NHS was giving me no answer about the success or failure of their treatment!) a that a possible cancer was found in the prostate.  Initially I wasn't too worried as I know that prostate C can be "lived with" for years without progression.   However, I now see my consultant has now staged this as T2 N0, and I will be having a template perinneal biopsy in early January. 

Is there anyhone here with an initial  staging of T2 N0 for a prostate cancer and what was their prognosis, their actually experience, and progression of the illness? I don't know if that staging indicates it is towards the upper end of "aggressiveness", as it were, and that it is likely to progress quite quickly?  I'm feeling quite worried, now, after the relief of the success of the treatment for my nasty oesophageal and being a bit sanguine about the PC.   My first reaction of "ah well, PC is one of the 'least bad' ones to get" might now have been ill-judged?

Incidentally, when I have had the biopsy, what questions should I ask the consultant?

And have as Happy a Christmas as possible.  I guess, one way and another, we should be glad to see the back end of 2020 - what a year for us all here:  blinking covid, and on top of that we're all trying to deal with this disease.  So let's hope that things are brighter in 2021.  Best wishes, all.

• I'm assuming you're actually T2N0M0 (no metastases?).

It would be helpful to know your age, your PSA at diagnosis, and your Gleason score.

But even without those, someone with a T2 tumour, managed appropriately with a proven treatment, can expect upwards of 15-20 years, and, indeed, has about a 60% chance of dying of something other than PCa. A T2 tumour would almost invariably be reckoned 'curable' - though with prostate cancer, no-one can say for sure that it's cured until the post-mortem, and for that reason, many doctors stick to describing it as 'long-term remission'.

- - -

Heinous

If I can't beat this, I'm going for the draw.

Meanwhile, my priority is to live while I have the option.

• Fortiemac

I remember you posting here a few weeks ago.

As H says T2 is probably the best outcome so far and more than likely curable.

Psa would be handy but time is on your side and a good blast of Radiotherapy should sort u out. For now u can relax.

Happy New Year

• Thanks to you and Grundo for your comments.  Pretty reassuring.  My PSA was 2.9 (last test 4 weeks ago) pretty low, I think'  I have no info. about a Gleason score:  I am assuming that information will come as a result of hte biopsy.

Thanks for your reply:  Happy Christmas.

Fortie
  • Thanks to you and Heinous for your comments.  Pretty reassuring.  My PSA was 2.9 (last test 4 weeks ago) pretty low, I think.  I have no info. about a Gleason score:  I am assuming that information will come as a result of hte biopsy.

Having had such good results from the Radio T with my oesophagus (chemo had to be truncated by a thtird because of a reaction I had) and I could have no surgery  (best news, in hindsight),   I am qujite a "fan of radio therapy".   If it is the chosen treatment for me, the interaction of private/NHS will have to be negotiated, I imagine.

Thanks for your reply:  Happy Christmas.

Fortie
  • Yes, I remember your low PSA Fortie.

As you are waiting on biopsy the T2 must be based on the MRI,  u never know possibly not cancer at all. Fingers crossed and all that.

Best wishes

• I don’t know too much of your situation. Mine is persistent psa post surgery, mets in ribs, I’ve been told even with my situation to expect many years 10 to 20 years if not more. Unfortunately we never know how long different treatments will continue to work. Enjoy each day, day by day.  Yesterday is history, tomorrow a mystery, today a gift. Enjoy it