Anxious about future

FormerMember
FormerMember
  • 4 replies
  • 110 subscribers

Having had chemo and radiotherapy, my psa has reduced to less than 2. However i now have blood test every 4 months to check psa levels. I find I am struggling to live and plan ahead as i cannot see past the next 4 month test. My stomach is in knots all the time. Has anyone else experienced this?

Thanks. 

• Hi Lifeboy and welcome

I think that most people that have PC treatment go thru the same thing, worrying about the next PSA after  Surgery , Radiotherapy etc, 

I  have a PSA test once a year after treatment in 2017, its always a tortuous time. You don:t say when your treatment finished but possibly after some time your PSA may move to six monthly or yearly which will help. I  just try to put it at the back of my mind for 11 months and in the main manage to achieve this.

I realise that it's different for yourself but u need to try and forget about it for 3 months , try and concentrate the mind on other matters.

See what others say about the way they manage the situation.

Best wishes

Steve

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

Hi Lifeboy

• . Indeed, I finished chemo in January and this year has been quite tough at times. On a more positive note I’m now adjusting a bit better. I’ve received help through gp and hospital and family.

Its not always easy but raise any issues concerns and take any help available. My consultant told me that I can have a long miserable life with prostrate cancer or learn to life it and enjoy the life we do have

good luck with your journey 

• I find I am struggling to live and plan ahead as i cannot see past the next 4 month test.

Is this level of anxiety normal for you, or is it completely out of the blue?

Either way, it's not a prostate problem, it's an anxiety problem, and you should get help for it.

Best place to start is your GP. Good Luck!

- - -

Heinous

If I can't beat this, I'm going for the draw.

Meanwhile, my priority is to live while I have the option.