Keeping track of medication

FormerMember
FormerMember
  • 1 reply
  • 107 subscribers

From the start of diagnosis  I opened up a ring binder of information about my medication inserting it in plastic envelopes. Also opened up ring binders for my various ailments and correspondence from treatment centres.  I always keep leaflets supplied and print out any additional information gained from the internet or other sources. I sometimes impart technical information to GP's who are inundated with information for so many medications, and side effects, problems and patients and I wonder how they keep track of it all..  Highlighting any salient points such as side effects and contraindications. I include any over the counter medicine leaflets and look it up and print it out under its chemical name e.g, Voltarol which contains  Diclofenac both oral and topical (creams). Sometimes side effects and medications contradict each other if you have several ailments so judgement is up to you. I had a GP once who said take no notice of side effects of medication. ! Hope this is useful as I read once if you can't sleep get up and do something useful. Like reading this forum.

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

Also keep a page a day diary or notebook of how you feel if significant and  medication changes. I believe  you can obtain a diary which has pages for June to the next June.   I think I can remember things but my wife says that I could forget for England.