Side effects

• 7 replies
  • 110 subscribers

Still having side effects with zoladex now 12 months after radiotherapy I now have a sore behind as any one else had the same  & what can I do is there creams to use                                                           davie b

• How long are you on zoladex for?  Is it a skin condition or muscle soreness on your behind?  Got to say I never had this but was only on prostap3 for 9 months.  You can get muscle fatigue and wastage and also aches.  if it is a skin condition then it would be best to ask your pharmacist for advice.  HOpe someone who has had experience with this chips in soon.

All the best

Des

• Thanks for your reply Des on zoladex for another 18 months I think it is a skin condition just sore when you clean your yourself. I thought it might  be late radiotherapy side effect                                             davie b

Davieb
  • It could be I suppose.  Maybe use some ordinary body cream (use a hypoallergenic baby cream if you can get it.  Our shelves have been clear of stuff like that for a while but worth a try) after you bathe/shower and dry yourself.  If that doesn't work then definitely ask your pharmacist for advice - if you can manage to get through on the telephone that is probably best or ask one of the radiotherapists on this site.  There is a page on here called "ask an expert" I think and I have asked there once.  Got the best advice.

Take care.

Des

• Hello Davie b, I've no idea if it's a radiotherapy side effect and your doc is probably best to answer that question. Don't know if you've tried it but I found application of germolene a couple of times a day helped considerably, probably worth a try? I think others make similar products (savlon?) if you have trouble getting some.

All the best,

Derek.

Made in 1956. Tested to destruction.
  • Any good cream would work.  I suggested a hypoallergenic baby cream as it wouldn't add to the problem if you were allergic to any ingredient in other creams. 

Hope you get relief soon.

• I had the same problem for a while and my GP recommended "Dairy Ointment". As it's for animal use only she couldn't approve my use of it but she said that, if I got some, please could she have a pot as it's also great for chilblains and sore joints. It's also brilliant for chapped hands after all the hand washing that's currently going on!

You can buy it online very cheaply:

www.viovet.co.uk/.../c16522

Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery and today is a gift.
    Seamus
    (See my profile for more)
  • Haven't had radiotherapy but used baby shower gel through chemo, skin still itchy, weakness, fatigue from hormone therapy. Tried to use normal shower gel but itch unbearable. Reverted back tobaby wash