PSA levels anxiety

• 6 replies
  • 109 subscribers

Hi,

I was diagnosed with bladder cancer in 2017 and underwent a radical cystectomy, which includes removing the Prostate. The histology results discovered incidental prostate cancer gleeson 3+4, but contained within the glad.

Since my treatment all scans have been clear and my bloods have been fine.  I did have to undergo a kidney removal at a later date, which was due to surgical complications, but nothing to do with cancer.

I am under two major London teaching hospitals, one for oncology and the other for surgical follow up, but both seem to do the same tests.  On my last visit to my surgical hospital in Nov it was noted that my PSA level had risen from .01 to .02. The consultant assured me this was nothing to worry about and they would monitor it, but.it was very low.  My Clinical Nursed confirmed this and said it was unlikely to develop, but there were treatments. She added that I should give a copy of their letter to my oncolgists and let them know that the Surgery hospital would do any intervention as they don't talk to each other.

I due back in about a weeks time to see the oncologist, but obviously I am a bit concerned. I really don't want further treatment, but if I have to well it can't be as bad as what I've already experiencend

Sorry to waffle, but it's a long story and there is always the fear in shadows of the cancer returning.