Zoladex injection

• 9 replies
  • 109 subscribers

I have been having zoladex 10.8 injections for 11 months  for prostate cancer and the side effects have been getting quite bad to a point where it affects your life as any body changed injections  for the better if so which one thanks         davie b

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

Hi Davie b

I started my journey with zoladex injections back in 2012. The side effects I had was hot flushes fatigue aches and pains all of which I could live with. What I couldn't cope with was the breathing attacks (which the docs said were panic attacks) I never had these before the zoladex injections, while at a cancer drop in run by the urology nurses at my hospital I had one of these attacks and they sent me  straight to A&E .My wife went up to urology and told them about me and they immediately changed me to prostap injections, and NO more breathing problems. I still get the other side effects bot no where near as bad. So I suggest you tell them about your side effects  and ask them I you can have something else.

Hope your journey gets better for you.

• Hi swampy 55 thanks for reply glad your feeling better by changing injections I'm not living the life I want with zoladex I'm getting a phone call in 3 weeks so will decuss the situation with them. Do you have prostap in the belly ? thanks again davie b 

Davieb
  • FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to Davie b

Hi davie b

The prostap is given into a muscle,I have mine in my arm, changing arms each time. 

• FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to Davie b

Hi I was on Zolodex for 6onths or so then switched to Prostap which I've been on for nearly 6 years. I have in my stomach (alternate sides every 3 months. Side effects much the same as Zolodex but a much easier injection to tolerate.

• Hi Joe thanks for reply  I get a phone call in 3 weeks I will have to discuss with them the situation .When the side are the same  are you any better off .although the injection this time left a pain for 3 weeks davie b

Davieb
  • Hi swampy thanks for reply that sounds a better place for a injection  I did have some pain last injection davie b

Davieb
  • I have my Prostap injections in the Gluteus Maximus (alternate sides every three months) which works best for me. I only had one in the abdomen and that was sore for a week and I think that was because the nurse administering the injection shook it violently instead of gently rotating and tapping as per the instructions in the pack. Needless to say, I have avoided going to that nurse ever since.

Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery and today is a gift.
    Seamus
    (See my profile for more)
  • I had prostrap 3 injections in my arm alternating arms each time - it worked well and I had no problems with the injection site.

• Hi sheamus 47 thanks for reply it sounds like prostap could be the one to try must say my last job of zoladex left me in pain for a few weeks  davie b

Davieb