Injection

FormerMember
FormerMember
  • 3 replies
  • 108 subscribers

Hello every one, I go on Wednesday for the Injection 16th October, ? will this on top of the Bicalutamide make me feel worse and can I ask  advise on how to combat any side effects or what ever  that may come my way  ,  I played in the band Saturday first time in 2 years nearly and  I must say I enjoyed it , I just hope I can handle the extra  HT and carry on @ the Band  ,

any tips or suggestions would be great ,

Phil Helmet with cross

• Hi Phil, I just carried on living my life as best I could when I started HT.  I suffered a “woolly “ feeling in my head after starting bicalutamide but that settled after a few weeks. Hot flushes and bigger swing in emotions for a few months after starting PROSTAP  then settled into a routine. I continued exercising etc. But did feel more fatigued so was in bed earlier most nights.

Hopefully you will be able to continue pretty much as normal but with some hot flushes, reduced libido and higher levels of fatigue. Continuing to exercise, eat well and staying positive all help.

Best wishes,

Ido4

• FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to Ido4

Thank you , I`m in bed most nights before  10 or even 9-30pm , I just fell asleep about 7-30pm and woke up about 10pm ,  I  have never really slept well not for many years , I need to do more research on what other dietry supliments I can take to help combat the effects of HT and then ask at the Urology clinic if this is ok, I got a letter from a Cardiologist explaining the effects , so I will research . google that tomorrow.

Today I was up about 3-0am but managed a bike ride of 10 k about 11am , other than that I do not do much , I will have to get stuck into all the pamphlets I was given, thanks again

Phil

• That's the way to do it just carry on as normal but listen to your body.  I always do anything I need doing in the morning - going to the gym first thing if possible and then doing any other things that need doing - shopping and admin etc.  Have done that for a long time and take things easier in the afternoon.  Just having a walk or other niff naff in the house if the weather is bad.  I got to bed early too and even before HT was falling asleep in front of the TV at night so things didn't change too much.