7th chemo session - aching bones.

FormerMember
FormerMember
  • 4 replies
  • 108 subscribers

Hi All, I have started getting a lot of pain in my bones, mainly shoulders and arms,  as I can't tell in my legs as I have no feeling in them, since the 2 ops on my back 12 years ago. The Oncologist told me that the cancer had spread to my lymph nodes as well as my bones, anyone having had or coped with this, is there anything I can take to relieve it.  I take morphine in tablet form and orally. But it doesn't help.  Ideas would be well recieved.

Take care.

• Hi Malcolm.

Sorry to hear that your chemo is causing so much pain. Does your local oncology centre have a 24 hour help line you could call?

Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery and today is a gift.
    Seamus
    (See my profile for more)
  • FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to Seamus47

Thank you, Seamus, it's a Mon - Fri job mate.  There is a 24 emergency line, but it is really for emergencies. You Sepsis , that kind of line. I have my next chemo in two weeks, I will mention it to the Sister in Charge, a very nice lady.  How are things with you then ?.   Last night's sleep was terrible, asleep for twenty minutes, then awake again, I would do some more research into cancer, then drop off for thirty minutes, then said up again, it's like a soap opera, ha ha ha.I could increase my morphine but, I want to keep it, till I really need it, you know what I mean. I devised a game, which I put on last night, this morning, whatever.  You write down all your prescribed medications, then time yourself for ten minutes, to see how many words you can make. It's a bit of light relief, that's all.  Going for a warm shower now, see if it helps.

Best regards

• Hi Malcolm.

Thanks for asking, I'm really good. I was rowing for an hour yesterday and have just finished cutting the grass. Tomorrow morning I'll be out rowing again but for two hours as the weather looks very promising and the crew want to row all the way round a local island. It's about 12km and I haven't rowed that far since coming back to it after my RT.

I'm sleeping OK but do have to get up most nights for a pee about 3:30am. Luckily I can get back to sleep OK so need any mind games at the moment although yours sounds like a lot of fun!

Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery and today is a gift.
    Seamus
    (See my profile for more)
  • FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to Seamus47

Glad you are keeping up your regime, sounds healthy, 12 kms, sounds a lot of exercise, just remember, Rome was not built in a day, it took 5 days, rowing, ha ha ha.  Something for you to ponder on, Tokyo, the old city in Japan, the new name is Kyoto.  Exactly the same letters, just re-arranged by the venerable gentlemen of Japan.. Whilst,  Robert Redford = Fort Red Border,  and finally,   A turnip cures Elvis = Universal pictures. 

Have a good day.