Post robotic prostatectomy

FormerMember
FormerMember
  • 3 replies
  • 106 subscribers

I am 57 and in a good shape  , had robitic assisted prostatectomy on April 2,19 . Post op pathology report actually downgraded the Tumor from GS 8 to 4+3 =7 with clear margins , which was good news. Now I have to wait Another 6-7 weeks to see the PSA results . In term of size of the prostate gland I was up there at championship level for my age at a whopping 90cc ! 

What bothers me now is the leakage and changing pads 4-5 a day !! It’s only been 9 days since they removed the catheter but can’t say I feel any improvements !! 

I appreciate to hear from  your experience with post-op leakage!  

• Hi Al-fx, I presume you are doing pelvic floor exercises?

Did you have any nerve sparing?

Best wishes,

Ido4

• FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to Ido4

Hi

yes I am doing it , actually maybe overdoing it !

i tried less sets and the next day things got better but the following 2 days with complete sets turned out to be rainy

yes the operation was nerve sparing  a well known doctor 

maybe I am not patient enough but 10 days after removing the catheter I am pretty much the same , especially when I stand up . Sleeping and sitting I am ok but as soon as I move it takes 3 hours before o am forced to change pads !!

• Has a physiotherapist checked you’re doing the exercises properly. I was lucky enough to  see a physiotherapist a few weeks after surgery and when she checked I wasn't doing them properly. I found that after the catheter came out I leaked when walking, that reduced to when I was walking fast. Fast forward a few years and because I’ve had salvage radiotherapy on top for f the surgery I’m leaking mostly very small amounts but sometimes I get a bigger leak without any warning especially when tired.

Stick with it, things will improve. 

Ido4