TULSA PROBE

• 3 replies
  • 132 subscribers

Hi, I am awaiting broad beam radiotherapy in December, looking at options and read about TULSA PROBE, I am sure I read about a guy on this forum who had it done in Japan. Can't find the thread but is anyone around with experience of this. There are European clinics offering it.

• hello  

I remember someone posting about TULSA and I made some notes:

MRI guided transurethral ultrasound ablation and at the time was not available in the UK or on the NHS. It was available in the good old U S of A and some places in Europe at a cost.

I have used our search facility and if you put "TULSA" in the search box at the top of the page it brings up a few old threads where this has been mentioned although with a quick search I didn't find the mention of Japan - although this does ring a bell!

Let us know how you get on please.

Best wishes - Brian.

Community Champion badge

Macmillan Support Line - 0808 808 00 00, 7 days a week between 8am-8pm

Strength, Courage, Faith, Hope, Defiance, VICTORY.

I am a Macmillan volunteer.

• Hello  .

I don't know whether you have been onto the PCUK website but there has been a recent update on there which might be helpful.

https://community.prostatecanceruk.org/posts/t29863-TULSA-PRO

Please let us know how you get on with your research and update us on your progress no matter what route you take. Your oncologist should be able to give you an idea whether your type of cancer might be suitable for focal therapy of some kind taking in to account the perineural invasion for the possibility of recurrence further down the line. 

•  TULSA PROBE Hi so as an update, I have had a very helpful chat with a Dr at the German clinic where I had sent all my records including MRI cd's. In short there is uncertainty about the extent of the tumour or is it tumours towards or in the nerves, in which case TULSA wont help, He did say the 30% chance of regaining EF quoted by my Surgeon in UK was pessimistic. So now I am up in the air again between Radiology in December or go back to the proctectomy option.

Is there anyone here who had the radiotherapy route and was still getting erections I understand the issues come after a couple of years?