Just talked to my oncologist

• 14 replies
  • 133 subscribers

My psa has risen but not to alarmingly. My oncologist is not unduly worried and we have agreed to carry on with bicalutomide and request a pet scan..  he says the detectable cancer is so small it doThinkingn't warrant chemotherapy. He's trying to avoid any treatment with stroke/heart attack risk.Anybody who has been down this route Thinking I would be grateful for any advice Pray I feel in good health. 

• Hi BarryW.

Many thanks, yes at the original prognosis I was told that chemo would be the next step.

Yes I have got an appointment for a week next Tuesday which is great news thanks.

Prostate Worrier.

• Hi Emmers.

Yes the only side effects have been: Fatigue, Weigh Gain, Hot Sweets but these are nothing compared to the alternative!!

Prostate Worrier.

• FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to Emmers

Hi  I have had prostrap  injection for 2 years and never had any problems.  I guess i am lucky as I hardly feel the injection and no sore arm after. I can hardly see where the needle goes in arm.  The nurses are better than the doctors at giving me jab.

I was also put on Xtandi, 4 a day and never had side effects. Maybe the odd hot flush. Do have weight gain and man boobs and large tummy despite not having a big appetite..  I know someone who gets same jab and has a sore arms and red spot on arm after their prostrap jab. He does not take Xtandi.

The only thing is getting to sleep which takes a while.  Hope this helps

• Yes I like the holiday Yum idea....my next oncology appointment November.