Question about results of RP

• 13 replies
  • 133 subscribers

Hi 

My husband had RP in June he is Gleeson 9 

He had his first PSA test today and results should be tomorrow. 

He’s still waiting to see consultant but his histology is back and we have this limited  info on it 

Cancer Contained In prostate 

No Extraprostatic Extension 

No Seminal Vesical involvement

Negative Margins

No lymph nodes taken 

We are so happy with the Initial details 

My question is why were lymph nodes not taken? I would have thought with G9 they would? 

His histology seems to mirror his biopsy histology but when I looked at the nonograms for his likely results he seems lucky to have no EE 

Thanks in advance 

A

• Hi Annie

Sounds good news, they wouldn't take out lymph nodes if no cancer in them.

In this situation more important than Gleeson is size of tumour (s) cos if not too large and not near capsule edge then very unlikely to have spread.

Having said that of course the lower the Gleeson the better.

So fingers crossed for a low/no PSA .

Presume RP about 6 weeks ago.

Best wishes 

Steve 

• Hi Annie (  ), I think  has called it right.  With negative margins there is no evidence of PCa outside the Prostate, so I guess leave the lymphs intact.  Think that is a great result with Gleason 9.  Hopefully his PSA will be good and you can relax.  Best wishes, David

• Hi Steve the tumour on MRI was 16mm left to mid surgeon took left nerve bundle to be safe for margins. It was a single tumour as far as we know as havnt seen surgeon her? 
    juat Hoping for an <0.1 tomorrow. 
    Yes 6 weeks ago

Thanks for reply 

A

• Hi David 

If indeed when we get full story this is the extent of it then it is a great result. The nongrams I was looking at suggested highly there would’ve been at least Extraprostatic Extension. 
    Big Pat on the back for the GP who didn’t dally when first PSA was 5.6 and sent him straight for MPMRI

Thanks David 

A

• Annie

so that sounds  ok,  left to mid, 16mm, 

Feel sure will be ok.

Good luck

Steve 

• Just thought I’d post that my husbands PSA came back <0.01

Very relieved at this! 

• This is the best possible result you could have. Absolutely brilliant.

• Great news Annie

All the best

Steve 

• And so you should be! That’s brilliant news for you both! I am so pleased for you:)

• Hi Again 

just managed to get one of the nurses to read me a bit more of the histology report. 
    On the MRI there was one left mid tumour this was also the case that the biopsy confirmed disease just on left side. T2b 

But the histology has upgraded to T2c and disease was found on the right aswell and a lot of High grad precancer 

Still Gleeson 9 4+5

it was also noted  that the left tumour was extremely close to capsule edge but it was still a negative margin (surgeon took left hand nerve bundles)

Total cancer in prostate 15%

Does Gleeson 9 grow this fast? So raised PSA end March surgery mid June? 
    Also does anyone know if they will do any further treatment will be required just to closeness to the margins? 

many thanks