Holiday

• 4 replies
  • 133 subscribers

Hi everyone. Thanks for your answers and support so far. We have a weeks holiday booked 7weeks post op. Anyone have any idea if we would be ok going or do you think we should cancel. PD

• Hi  

No experience personally but it appears to say that you can travel 4 weeks after robotic prostatectomy and 6 weeks after more open surgery when there is less chance of a DVT. If you are flying then make sure the insurance company know about the recent surgery. If you need to take any medication or medical equipment then make sure you have a copy of a prescription. One tip for anyone having to trFreeavel with equipment is to let the airline know before hand and get a letter from the doctor as this can get you an extra suitcase on the flight for free.

It looks as if the holiday is still on but I would still be careful about lifting the suitcases. Have a great time.

• Hello Rover06,

I can't comment on the question of a holiday 7 weeks post surgery (I had radiotherapy), but if you have existing travel insurance you must inform the insurer of your condition if you haven't done so already as failure to do so will likely invalidate your cover. Obviously, if you have yet to take out insurance it will have to be declared when entering information for when you obtain a quotation.

I hope you're OK to go.

Made in 1956. Tested to destruction.
  • Hi. Thank you for your reply. Yes as soon as I was diagnosed I informed my insurance company. I always take out yearly cover. They immediately stopped the insurance policy but we are covered for the cruise we had booked for August.