PSA

• 2 replies
  • 133 subscribers

Hi again lovely people just a little update on my progress after Chemo session number two, number one left me all over the place as i really thought 4 days after Chemo i had somehow managed to dodge the dreaded side effects, however they ambushed me good and proper on the Saturday ( Chemo was the previous Tuesday ) stomach cramps, toilet issues, fuzzy head, worst of all was the sleep or lack of it, after some sterling work from my daughter speaking to my GP and a couple of phone consultations with the GP i fell so much more prepared for the aftermath of round two, this includes a mild laxative and combined with taking  senna seems to have almost solved the toilet issue, the other major issue was the sleeping and i am not sorry to say but prescribed sleeping pills are giving me in excesses of 7 hours sleep a night as opposed to the odd hour at night, the rest was spent binge watching Netflix Clarkson's Farm ect, so all in all i am felling a lot more confident to tackle what comes my way this time,

PSA has come down from 177 to 18.2 since HT started 3 months ago that combined with the Chemo i am guessing, one side effect i forgot to mention is my total lack of appetite to the point where i have lost 10 kilos in between Chemo sessions 21 days to be precise,  i am now on food supplements to help me gain some weight that and a concerted effort to eat more,  little and often is the way forward for me i think high calorie milk shakes ect, well enough from me i wish all my fellow patients good fortune and like me i hope you are all enjoying this lovely weather. all the best guys.     

• Hi  ,  ok 2 down and a third of the way.  Sounds like you are on top of this so keep going.  You know what to expect on Saturday, so just take it easy.  Best wishes, David

• Hi spursfan and a big well done from me, remember to tell the nurses everything, even things that may seem unimportant to you maybe to them and they will have meds and advice to help you through treatment, best wishes for all your treatment.

Eddie