Stopping Chemo

• 4 replies
  • 134 subscribers

Hi All

As you may or not know, I was on my second round of chemo. I’ve had four treatments but the toil of what’s happening this time is to much.

I’ve pins and needles in my hands and feet, I can barely grip. Food and drink tastes like wet straw, I’m down to eating a few biscuits plus high flavoured drinks. The diahorea I won’t go into. Movement is very restricted I’ve absolutely no confidence there. My balance is extremely poor and dry eye wow no matter with using Hilo streams out.

So after a lot of consideration I will be stopping chemo from this week, hoping that at least I get my taste buds back and able to move a bit better.

I am not giving up, there are a few things I can try less evasive, if anyone has ideas about taste let me know, I’ve tried everything.

Stay safe 

Joe

• Good Afternoon Joe

So sorry to read your post - I know you are fighter and I am sure you will continue your battle with the help of your partner. Keep the faith and keep us posted as to how your battle progresses - I wish you well

As you know I have avoided chemo but reading other posts many people say sucking dried fruit is great for retaining taste - pineapple had been mentioned a few times.

Kind Regards - Brian.

Community Champion badge

Macmillan Support Line - 0808 808 00 00, 7 days a week between 8am-8pm

Strength, Courage, Faith, Hope, Defiance, VICTORY.

I am a Macmillan volunteer.

• Hi Joe ( ), very sorry to hear you are struggling with this second round of chemo, but am sure you have made the correct call.  Hopefully taste will come back shortly and your stomach will settle.  My treatment has followed the same path as you (a year later), so I have been watching your progress with interest.  My oncologist tells me that she has loads of stuff ‘in the cupboard’ for me, so hopefully you can get something that works for you.  My best wishes to you and your wife.  Stay positive.  David

• Hi Joeven.

Good afternoon it's great to meet you today I'm very sorry to see that you are having such problems with your chemo.

I do hope that everything settles down for you now you have stopped your current treatment program.

At some point once my HT stops working with my PSA increasing further chemo will be my next step forward so reading all of the posts here is making a real difference!!!!

Yes please please "don't give up"

Try to see if your team have any other ideas for you going forward???

"All the best"

Prostate Worrier.

• Hi Joe.

I am sorry that you are suffering again after chemotherapy and can understand your decision to discontinue at this point. Quality of life is important for both you and your wife and I hope you recover quickly. Keep fighting and let us know your options as we are not that far behind you, but have to rely on the experts to come up with the next plan.