First session of radiotherapy

• 4 replies
  • 135 subscribers

After 4 attempts to map my prostate cancer for radiotherapy, I successfully negotiated my first radiotherapy session today. Just 19 more to go. There was some good news. I was originally listed for four areas of radiotherapy, two cancer sites in the prostate itself and two adjacent lymph nodes as a precaution, but after a review of recent scans, the treatment will be confined to just the two prostate sites. This was because the cancers are high in the prostate and there is no indication of any metastasizing spread. Pleased!

• That's brilliant news  that there is no spread and every reason to be chuffed. I am sure you will soon get into the routine of your 'sunbed' sessions and time will fly by. Let the team know if you have any side effects as there is help available. Just think of all those cancer cells screaming as they die and that you are on a curative pathway.

• Good Morning  

Great news on two fronts - first you have started Radiotherapy and second no "walkabout" by the nasty cancer cells. I do have a vision now in my head after reading  description of the cancer cells

Just think of all those cancer cells screaming as they die

A great quote first thing in a morning before breakfast!

I hope you sail through the remaining 19 fractions.

Best wishes - Brian.

Community Champion badge

Macmillan Support Line - 0808 808 00 00, 7 days a week between 8am-8pm

Strength, Courage, Faith, Hope, Defiance, VICTORY.

I am a Macmillan volunteer.

• Hi  I told you it was easy! 19 to go, great result.  Keep smiling, David